Browse By Category
» Acoustic Drums
» Acoustic Guitars
» Acoustic Pianos
» Bass Guitars
» Brass Instruments
» DJ Gear
» Electric Guitars
» Electric Keyboards
» Electronic Drums
» French Horns
» Grand Pianos
» Pro Audio
» Record Albums
» Stage Lighting
» Upright Bass
Here Are 11 Good Tips To Help Sell Musical Instruments
- Make your ad stand out - Classified ads that use art, layout and/or type in a distinctive way usually attract more eyes than run-of-the-mill ads. Just check the paper - every day there are listings that stand out from the others.
- Use a prominent benefit headline - Choose the main benefit of your merchandise and feature it in a compelling headline. Amplify this message in your subheads and copy. Avoid generalized quality claims.
- Make your copy complete - This means two things: know what is important to people browsing in your classified category, and make sure you touch on those points; and use complete sentences - they're easier to read than a series of phrases and random words.
- State a price or a range - Quote a price, even if it's high or low. If you're high, explain why it's worth it, and if you're low-balling it, support it with facts that make it believable (for example: moving, quick sale, special purchase)
- Specify brand names - If you are selling name brand merchandise, be sure to name the brand (and model if pertinent) in the ad - the more specific the better.
- Include related items - Make two sales instead of one by offering related items along with a featured one. For example, list amplifier with guitar, keyboard with stand, drumset with cymbals.
- Use a simple layout - Classified listings should not be crossword puzzles. A good ad layout is planned logically and intuitively - it carries the reader's eye through headline, art, copy, price, advertiser's name and phone number.
- Use a dominant element - A large visual or headline means your ad will be noticed.
- Let white space work for you - This is an important layout element in classified advertising because the average classified page is heavy with small type. The more "empty" space in your ad, the more it will naturally be noticed.
- Boxing an ad (adding a simple border around it) automatically creates white space around it, which in turn automatically draws the eye.
- Urge the reader to act now - By ending your ad with a call to action such as "12 hour sale," "this week only," or "call now, won't last long"," you add extra incentive for the interested buyer to call you first.
Famous Lies of Rock
Need Help Selling?
All Music Suppliers
Drums & Percussion
Musicians Union - UK
Musicians Union - US
VH1 Save the Music
Musicians For Life